Saturday 24 March 2012

Ocean Wise-Owl Chapter five

"Well hello soon-to-be-mother"

I tried to keep a serious straight face but I soon started smiling, my stomach wasn't showing as much in my business clothes so most people couldn't believe I was nearing six months. Still that's how long it's been, six months since I found out and told Flynn who was over the moon. Well, no he wasn't over the moon in actual fact he sort of fainted but he was happyc.

I made myself a large hot chocolate with extra sugar, chocolate, foam, cream and sprinkles, this drink has become my guilty pleasure and I can't get enough of it.

"Oh Ocean you have a meeting in half an hour"

Great all I need, was it too much to ask for five minutes to enjoy my drink.

Still I stepped into the elevator, drink in hand and began my way to the meeting. My heart stopped when I saw who the meeting was with, Michel's company. I almost decided to cancel until Mel phoned them to unsure someone other than Michel will be attending.

But they lied,
"So sorry Ocean but it appears I'm the only one who can do this meeting"
"It's fine" it wasn't
"So what's happening with you, you look bigger"
"I'm pregnant with Flynn's baby"

He almost spluttered out his drink, that made me laugh it was just the reaction I wanted.

"Flynn, as in my Flynn got you pregnant"
"Yes, yes he did"

"Well I guess he always went for my cast offs"

I turned way to calm down, at this moment I wanted to scream, cry and punch his face. How dare he still try to put me down, after all this time he still has so much power over me. Well that's not fair and I won't allow it.

I stood up and looked down at him,
"Well Michel he is more of a man than you, in fact he is far more decent then you and I'm glad that you ditched me at the alter as otherwise I would of never had Flynn or this baby. So if you want this meeting then find someone to replace you"

I felt so good as I turned and walked out, finally he was out of my life.

"So guys what do you think?"

This was the tenth flat we had looked at and it was exhausting me, I thought the flat we were in was fine for a while but no. Flynn decided to find a new place as soon as possible. The baby began kicking and I rubbed my stomach smiling down at he or she, Flynn began talking figures with the estate agent.

"I think this place will be perfect"
"Great!"

Just a simple great and I few documents and then the place was ours, yes it was empty but I knew I could fill it with love.

I began laughing, the only thing we had moved into the flat was the TV and sofa and Flynn decided that was enough work to deserve a rest. He began channel surfing, I walked over pretending to be in a mood.

"Oi, you do realise we have a lot to do"

He just pulled me on to the sofa next to him.

"We have weeks to move stuff in"
"No you have weeks to move stuff in, I can't do heavy lifting"
"Then you can just sit here and look heavenly"

That's when I realised I made the right choice about my life, it was here with Flynn in this flat with the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment